Updated:June 21, 2018
Effective: January 1, 2018
This is an agreement between You and Strategic Vision, Inc. or its affiliates and governs your use of Strategic Vision, Inc. Software. “You” and “Your” means the individual or legal entity licensing the Software under this EULA. “Use” or “Using” means to download, install, activate, access or otherwise use the Software. “Software” means the Strategic Vision, Inc. computer programs and any Upgrades made available to You by an Approved Source and licensed to You by Strategic Vision, Inc.. “Documentation” is the Strategic Vision, Inc. user or technical manuals, training materials, specifications or other Documentation applicable to the Software and made available to You by an Approved Source. “Approved Source” means (i) Strategic Vision, Inc. or (ii) the Strategic Vision, Inc. authorized reseller, distributor or systems integrator from whom you acquired the Software. “Entitlement” means the license detail; including license metric, duration, and quantity provided in a product ID (PID) published on Strategic Vision, Inc.’s price list, claim certificate or right to use notification. “Upgrades” means all updates, Upgrades, bug fixes, error corrections, enhancements and other modifications to the Software and backup copies thereof.
This agreement, any supplemental license terms and any specific product terms at www.taclanconnect.com/eula (collectively, the “EULA”) govern Your Use of the Software.
- Acceptance of Terms. By Using the Software, You agree to be bound by the terms of the EULA. If you are entering into this EULA on behalf of an entity, you represent that you have authority to bind that entity. If you do not have such authority or you do not agree to the terms of the EULA, neither you nor the entity may use the Software and it may be returned to the Approved Source for a refund within thirty (30) days of the date you acquired the Software or Strategic Vision, Inc. product. Your right to return and refund applies only if you are the original end user licensee of the Software.
- License.Subject to payment of the applicable fees and compliance with this EULA, Strategic Vision, Inc. grants You a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use object code versions of the Software and the Documentation solely for Your internal operations and in accordance with the Entitlement and the Documentation. Strategic Vision, Inc. licenses You the right to use only the Software You acquire from an Approved Source. In the event that Strategic Vision, Inc. requires You to register as an end user, Your license is valid only if the registration is complete and accurate. The Software may contain open source Software, subject to separate license terms made available with the Strategic Vision, Inc. Software or Documentation.If the Software is licensed for a specified term, Your license is valid solely for the applicable term in the Entitlement. Your right to use the Software begins on the date the Software is made available for download or installation and continues until the end of the specified term, unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Agreement.
- Ownership.Strategic Vision, Inc. or its licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Software, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to use the Software are limited to those expressly granted by this EULA. No other rights with respect to the Software or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
- Limitations and Restrictions.You will not and will not allow a third party to:
- transfer, sublicense, or assign Your rights under this license to any other person or entity (except as expressly provided in Section 12 below), unless expressly authorized by Strategic Vision, Inc. in writing;
- modify, adapt or create derivative works of the Software or Documentation;
- reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software, except as provided in Section 16 below;
- make the functionality of the Software available to third parties, whether as an application service provider, or on a rental, service bureau, cloud service, hosted service, or other similar basis unless expressly authorized by Strategic Vision, Inc. in writing;
- Use Software that is licensed for a specific device, whether physical or virtual, on another device, unless expressly authorized by Strategic Vision, Inc. in writing; or
- remove, modify, or conceal any product identification, copyright, proprietary, intellectual property notices or other marks on or within the Software;
- Third Party Use of Software.You may permit a third party to use the Software licensed to You under this EULA if such use is solely (i) on Your behalf, (ii) for Your internal operations, and (iii) in compliance with this EULA. You agree that you are liable for any breach of this EULA by that third party.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer.
- Limited Warranty. Strategic Vision, Inc. warrants that the Software will substantially conform to the applicable Documentation. This warranty does not apply if the Software, Strategic Vision, Inc. product or any other equipment upon which the Software is authorized to be used: (i) has been altered, except by Strategic Vision, Inc. or its authorized representative, (ii) has not been installed, operated, repaired, or maintained in accordance with instructions supplied by Strategic Vision, Inc., (iii) has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, abnormal environmental conditions, misuse, negligence, or accident; (iv) is licensed for beta, evaluation, testing or demonstration purposes or other circumstances for which the Approved Source does not receive a payment of a purchase price or license fee; or (v) has not been provided by an Approved Source. Strategic Vision, Inc. will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver to You Software free from any viruses, programs, or programming devices designed to modify, delete, damage or disable the Software or Your data.
- Exclusive Remedy. At Strategic Vision, Inc.’s option and expense, Strategic Vision, Inc. shall repair, replace, or cause the refund of the license fees paid for the non-conforming Software. This remedy is conditioned on You reporting the non-conformance in writing to Your Approved Source within the warranty period. The Approved Source may ask You to return the Software, the Strategic Vision, Inc. product, and/or Documentation as a condition of this remedy. This section is Your exclusive remedy under the warranty.
Except as expressly set forth above, Strategic Vision, Inc. and its licensors provide Software “as is” and expressly disclaim all warranties, conditions or other terms, whether express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, warranties, conditions or other terms regarding merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, design, condition, capacity, performance, title, and non-infringement. Strategic Vision, Inc. does not warrant that the Software will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that all errors will be corrected. In addition, Strategic Vision, Inc. does not warrant that the Software or any equipment, system or network on which the Software is used will be free of vulnerability to intrusion or attack.
- Limitations and Exclusions of Liability.In no event will Strategic Vision, Inc. or its licensors be liable for the following, regardless of the theory of liability or whether arising out of the use or inability to use the Software or otherwise, even if a party been advised of the possibility of such damages: (a) indirect, incidental, exemplary, special or consequential damages; (b) loss or corruption of data or interrupted or loss of business; or (c) loss of revenue, profits, goodwill or anticipated sales or savings. All liability of Strategic Vision, Inc., its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors collectively, to You, whether based in warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, shall not exceed the license fees paid by You to any Approved Source for the Software that gave rise to the claim. This limitation of liability for Software is cumulative and not per incident. Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes any liability that cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- Upgrades and Additional Copies of Software.Notwithstanding any other provision of this EULA, You are not permitted to use Upgrades unless You, at the time of acquiring such Upgrade:
- already hold a valid license to the original version of the Software, are in compliance with such license, and have paid the applicable fee for the Upgrade; and
- limit Your Use of Upgrades or copies to Use on devices You own or lease; and
- unless otherwise provided in the Documentation, make and Use additional copies solely for backup purposes, where backup is limited to archiving for restoration purposes.
- Term and Termination.This EULA shall remain effective until terminated or until the expiration of the applicable license or subscription term. You may terminate the EULA at any time by ceasing use of or destroying all copies of Software. This EULA will immediately terminate if You breach its terms, or if You fail to pay any portion of the applicable license fees and You fail to cure that payment breach within thirty (30) days of notice. Upon termination of this EULA, You shall destroy all copies of Software in Your possession or control.
- US Government End Users.The Software and Documentation are “commercial items,” as defined at Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) (48 C.F.R.) 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer Software” and “commercial computer Software Documentation” as such terms are used in FAR 12.212. Consistent with FAR 12.211 (Technical Data) and FAR 12.212 (Computer Software) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (“DFAR”) 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, and notwithstanding any other FAR or other contractual clause to the contrary in any agreement into which this EULA may be incorporated, Government end users will acquire the Software and Documentation with only those rights set forth in this EULA. Any license provisions that are inconsistent with federal procurement regulations are not enforceable against the U.S. Government.
- Export.Strategic Vision, Inc. Software, products, technology and services are subject to local and extraterritorial export control laws and regulations. You and Strategic Vision, Inc. each will comply with such laws and regulations governing use, export, re-export, and transfer of Software, products and technology and will obtain all required local and extraterritorial authorizations, permits or licenses.
- Survival. Sections 3, 4, the warranty limitation in 6(a), 6(b) 6(c), 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 shall survive termination or expiration of this EULA.
- Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue.
If You acquired the Software in a country or territory listed below, as determined by reference to the address on the purchase order the Approved Source accepted (the address where Product is shipped) this table identifies the law that governs the EULA (notwithstanding any conflict of laws provision) and the specific courts that have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising under this EULA.
|Country or Territory||Governing Law||Jurisdiction and Venue|
|United States, Latin America or the Caribbean||State of North Carolina, United States of America||United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina|
|Canada||Province of Ontario, Canada||Courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada|
|Europe (excluding Italy), Middle East, Africa, Asia or Oceania (excluding Australia)||Laws of England||English Courts|
|Japan||Laws of Japan||Tokyo District Court of Japan|
|Australia||Laws of the State of New South Wales||State and Federal Courts of New South Wales|
|Italy||Laws of Italy||Court of Milan|
|China||Laws of the People’s Republic of China.||Hong Kong International Arbitration Center|
|All other countries or territories||State of North Carolina||State and Federal Courts of North Carolina|
The parties specifically disclaim the application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. In addition, no person who is not a party to the EULA shall be entitled to enforce or take the benefit of any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Regardless of the above governing law, either party may seek interim injunctive relief in any court of appropriate jurisdiction with respect to any alleged breach of such party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Integration.If any portion of this EULA is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the EULA shall remain in full force and effect. Except as expressly stated or as expressly amended in a signed agreement, the EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the license of the Software and supersedes any conflicting or additional terms contained in any purchase order or elsewhere, all of which terms are excluded. The parties agree that the English version of the EULA will govern in the event of a conflict between it and any version translated into another language.